Table of Contents
One of the biggest food trends of the year has been cooking with CBD. CBD can enhance the whole food experience with its various therapeutic properties that help ease symptoms related to anxiety, chronic pain, and depression.
With the winter season in full swing, nothing works better to pull you out of the winter blues than a cup of hot chocolateand something to go with it like a batch of gooey warm chocolate peppermint cookies. And you can further enhance the experience by infusing your cookies with some organic CBD!
Let’s Get Started.
Cannabis Dosing For Baking
To get the maximum benefits of CBD without affecting the taste of your cookies, the CBD oil must be infused with the fatty base ingredients such as butter or oil. The dosage you use can depend on how potent you want the cookies to be. It is recommended that there should be no more than 5mg of CBD in each cookie for the best experience.
CBD Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Ingredients
It will take you around one hour and 30 minutes to make the batter for the cookies, which includes chilling time. The baking time is around 12 to 14 minutes for each batch. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – half cup
- Salt – half teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Softened unsalted butter – one-third cup
- Semisweet chocolate chips – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2 large ones
- Crushed peppermint candy canes – 12 pieces
Time To Make and Bake
Follow these step-by-step instructions to make and bake your cookies:
- Prepare CBD butter by incorporating the proper dose of CBD oil into the softened butter.
- Mix the sugar and the CBD-infused butter in a large mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs at room temperature and blend with the sugar and butter mixture.
- Pour the semisweet chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat at 20-second intervals until fully melted. Add the melted chocolate to the butter mixture and blend until it starts looking like a smooth chocolate cake batter.
- Add all the dry ingredients in another bowl and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredient mix to the butter mixture and mix until there are no lumps but don’t overmix.
- Put aside a quarter cup of crushed candy canes and mix the remaining with the cookie batter.
- Cover the batter bowl with clingfilm and chill in the refrigerator for an hour to rest.
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Scoop out two tablespoons of dough or an ice cream scooper to measure one scoop of dough and place it on the tray. Make sure you leave enough room between the dough as it expands while baking.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until the cookies are flat and crinkly on top.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with crushed candy canes while still warm.
- Cool the cookies on a baking rack and store in an airtight container to keep them fresh and ready to eat whenever you want!
Get Organic CBD Oil Tincture to add to your Cookies!
Are you looking for quality CBD oil for your CBD cooking adventures? Check out the latest top-quality CBD products from Rena’s organics, including full-spectrum tinctures and CBD ciders. Get in touch with us to discuss your CBD dosage needs with our expert CBD consultants today!
Note: The effectiveness of CBD varies from person to person. We suggest you consult your physician before using CBD.